Architecture for Humanity New York is lead by a board of eight strategic directors who serve staggered two-year terms. We are seeking applicants to fill the vacancy of the Director of Events. This position is open to everyone, but note that directors are volunteer and unpaid. Directors should expect to commit a minimum of five hours per week to the organization for the duration of their term beginning March 2013.
Director of Events
The Director of Events is responsible for developing, managing, and executing all Chapter events. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following.
• Schedule regular events to acknowledge and publicize the activities and accomplishments of the organization, including Bi-monthly happy hours.
• Work in tandem with the Director of Outreach & Advocacy to coordinate all organizational fundraising events.
• Work in tandem with Director of Projects to coordinate project specific fundraising events.
• Coordinate any and all conferences that the organization may hold.
• Work with the Director of Communications to publicize all events through invitations, social media, email announcements, press releases, etc.
• Work in conjunction with the In-kind Coordinator to ensure events have adequate food and drink.
• Manage a team of event volunteers to make sure events run smoothly.
• Manage relationships with existing venue contacts and prospect for new locations to hold events.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Excellent coordination, verbal and written communications skills.
• Proven ability to work with and manage volunteers.
• Ability to work independently and to manage both short and long-term projects.
• Must have experience in budget management.
• Must be able to respond to deadlines.
• Genuine interest in and knowledge of architecture, design, and community building.
If interested, please email John Pierce, Director of Membership, at firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and cover letter. Please include “Director of Events” in the subject line. Architecture for Humanity New York will accept applications until February 8, 2013.